Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Frank Thomas "Hook" pencil test


Animation by Frank Thomas.

This post has been updated. The original version of this pencil test that I uploaded had some of the drawings missing .

I've rescanned this from the xerox copies I had . I located the missing drawings and I think I've got the timing and lip-sync pretty close to the original. (although I'm still not 100% happy with the lip-sync ... it's off, although sometimes it looks right on , so I wonder if it's the Flash player showing it at differing frame rates, depending on bandwidth at the time ? I should try to post this as a Quicktime so it'd be more accurate. )

There were no peg holes or numbers on the xerox copies I have of these drawings so I had to do a lot of guess work and "nudging" to get the drawings to register correctly, but I finally got it to look pretty solid. The parts of the drawings to the right of the screen where the image gets lighter and drops out are artifacts from the photocopies I have. Unfortunately it will just have to stay that way for now because I don't have the time to go in to touch-up the lines which dropped out.

1 comment:

Mark McDonnell said...

Sooooo good. He really was good, very impressive.

MAC